Calculate Your Needs for Retirement
During our first meeting, you can expect to get answers to the following questions:
- Am I on track to have the assets needed to meet my life goals?
- Are my investments properly diversified?
- Will my portfolio protect me from a financial disaster?
- How much do I need to save to retire?
- When can I retire?
- How do I live off of my assets?
- How much can I afford to spend?
- How long will my money last?
- Can I afford to give to my children or give to charity?
As we answer your questions in this first consultation, expect the unexpected:
- Expect to be surprised. Our meeting with you is not a sales pitch. We value your time and make every effort to answer all your questions.
- Expect us to focus on learning about your priorities and investment concerns.
- Expect us to listen hard and ask insightful questions that cover your values, lifestyle, family, goals, and time horizons.
- Expect us to painstakingly review your existing investments and evaluate how well they are serving you. This includes discussing past investment experience.
- Expect us to carefully assess your risk tolerance.
Based on this information, we determine the rate of return required for your investments to have the money needed by the time you retire. We compare this rate of return to your risk tolerance. Remember that you might earn higher rates of return on your investments with higher-risk investment products. Likewise, you would likely earn lower rates of return with lower-risk products.
If your needed rate of return is higher than your risk tolerance allows, we examine four possible solutions over which you have control:
- Earning more money
- Saving more money
- Working longer
- Living with less
Expect us to make conservative recommendations regarding a future in which you may live longer than you think, spend more than you planned, and face inflation worse than expected, while coping with markets that may underperform.